Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thoughts from the Gardner family

I met Roger a few years ago when I got back into scale racing. I had always heard about the legend of the Czar, but had not met him personally until I got involved with E-RCU. Through the years I've known Roger, he has helped me immensely with photos, plans, ideas about building scale boats, as well as become a great friend to me and my family. On many occasions he has come to my home for family events and we have been to his home for those as well. It gave me the great opportunity for us to get to know David and Debbie whom I think very highly. David has become one of my great friends. I'm very sorry for their loss. Roger will always be remembered in our hearts as one of the neatest people we have ever known and has been an inspiration to me about many things in life, not just hydroplane racing. He spoke to me in the past few months about how much he admires his son and how proud of David he is, the person he is, and the boat racer he has become. Roger was so proud of David for staying in school. I'm very honored to have known Roger and to have a friend in David. I wish the best for David and Debbie.

Sincerely, David and Stephanie Gardner

No comments: